The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never #2)

Standard

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)

 

“Five months ago, Camryn and Andrew, both dealing with personal hardships, met on a Greyhound bus. They fell in love and proved that when two people are meant to be together, fate will find a way to make it happen.

Now, in the highly anticipated sequel to The Edge of Never, Camryn and Andrew are pursuing their love for music and living life to the fullest as they always swore to do. But when tragedy befalls them, their relationship is put to the ultimate test. As Camryn tries to numb her pain, Andrew makes a bold decision: To get their life back on track, they’ll set out on another cross-country road trip. Together they find excitement, passion, adventure-and challenges they never could have anticipated.”

– Taken from Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17899696-the-edge-of-always)

This is yet another book that I have to disagree with the high rating on Goodreads. In my opinion, a book with a rating higher than 4 is unputdownable. Not so with this book, especially toward the end. There was no tension between the two main charactersm, Andrew and Camryn. They were always together against the world, and that was a bit tiring at points.

The road trip part was extremely close to boring. Not even the big scene in Florida excited me (once you’ve read it, you’ll know what I’m talking about). At points, especially during the road trip, I felt that the characters thought way too much about their issues but, at the same time, it felt like they weren’t taken as seriously as they should have been, especially the consequences of the tragedy mentioned in the synopsis. I don’t know if it happens like that in real life.

To my surprise, the book ended at the 85% mark, which was a bit of a relief. I was asking myself how the author was going to fill the other 15% that were still left, had she not (finally) ended it there. You see, toward the end, it felt to me like the book was more and more dragged. In my opinion, had this been a shorter book, with around 250-300 pages instead of the 450 pages it has, it would have been a better book.

Rating: 2 out of 5

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s